Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Year!

Yes, I know it is already the 7th day of 2009, but today seems like one of the first normal days of the year. I've spent so much of the last week and a half laying down with my right leg elevated. I was warned back in November when I hurt myself that without rest and elevation, my wound would take many months to heal. Well, it was impossible to get off my feet back then, so I resolved to take to my bed anytime I possibly could. It has made an amazing difference. Already, the wound has made more healing progress than in the last two months combined. However... yeah, bed rest is boring. Any TV watched has to also appeal to the four year old of the house. And, I've been really, really wishing for a laptop.

Yesterday, I did manage to take the Christmas tree down and pack it away. The living room looks a little naked, but naked in a good way. I also worked a little on my budget before I headed back to the couch. I've gotten some of January worked out, but the spreadsheet is pretty sparse after this month. I wish that the rest of the bills from the ER trip would go ahead and get here. Some of them haven't even been presented to the insurance company yet. What a pain.

I've also plotted out my vacation time for the rest of the year. Starting August 1st, I get four weeks a year! Combine that with my holidays and personal days, I get a little over five weeks off a year. Yep. I get a month. Smokin', huh? All that for a job I love. Life is good.

So, I guess I've started my 2009 planning, but just haven't gotten that far into it yet. I should to be back to at least two posts a week, but am aiming for an average of three as part of my New Year's resolution. That makes me very excited. I'm always happier when I'm writing something. Writing or planning. Or planning to write. I think it may be a sickness.

No comments: