Sunday, January 25, 2009

Consider it a Public Service Announcement

Tonight, we were channel surfing with Hoot, when we hit the beginning of the PBS series Nature as it debuted: Is That Skunk? Halfway through the show, as Hoot showed no sign of boring with skunks, they gave out the secret mystical formula that will erase the odor of the spray. As my four year old son was so excited, I glanced over to my one year old dog on the couch. Needless to say, I paused the show, grabbed a pen and paper and wrote it down. I'll call it:

Skunk Juice
(never to be made inside a house or building)
1 quart 3% hydrogen peroxide
1/4 cup baking soda
1 teaspoon detergent (dish or laundry)

mix in a very large, very open bucket as it will pressurize. Keeping away from the eyes, coat the victim liberally. Let sit for five minutes and rinse. This will totally break down the molecular structure.

PS: If I die and you inherit or find my recipe book, do not make Skunk Juice for your Halloween or Super Bowl parties. I simply needed a very safe place for this recipe. However, it does fall right after Alton's Cocoa Mix.

No comments: