Friday, January 23, 2009

Ack! Just when you think you're in the clear....

Or maybe Achoo! would be more appropriate. You know the old adage if momma ain't happy, no body's happy? Well, apparently if momma ain't well, no body's happy. I've had a nasty cold for the last week and while I'm in the final throws of snotdom, I realize just how much it effects everything. Laundry piles up. Dishes pile up. Groceries become sparse. Husbands become useless. Menus get tossed to the wayside. Yep. It is true.

However, there is a very silver lining. Even though he repeated drinks after me, and honestly, no unattended bottle of water is safe, Hoot hasn't done more than sneeze a couple of times. Go figure. I guess my body is still more shot dealing with my leg than I thought. I've upped the vitamins and plowed through an entire tube of Airborne but alas, I still became the grouchy snot monster.

And, speaking of monsters... I hear that Cookie Monster will not be so Cookie Monster anymore. If I look on the Sesame Street website, I see he is still Cookie Monster there. Hoot is not a big fan of SS, so I haven't seen this for myself, but oh, I lament if this is true. See, Cookie Monster is my favorite. He's very special to me. He's blue. He loves cookies. And he is a Scorpio, with his birthday nestled the one day that is between my birthday (November 1st) and my mom's birthday (November 3rd.) If he truly has become the Veggie Monster, I will be so very sad. I hate political correctness.

No comments: