Friday, July 25, 2008

Hoping for Pixie Dust!

Last year, on our "Last Free Hoot, Free Dining" trip to Walt Disney World, we chose to go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party on September 14th. It was the night before we left and I had seriously looked forward to it for months! It was hard for me to buy a separate ticket for an evening in the park, but I really wanted to go. I justified the expense by giving Tee her ticket for her birthday and getting my ticket for my birthday, using the Halloween tie-in. Then, I spent hours making our costumes.

So, after a quiet day, we donned our Lighting McQueen Pit Crew costumes, and set off to MNSSHP around 4:30ish. We had a great dinner at the Crystal Palace and just before 6pm, we set out into the park to find some trick or treating. By 6:15, we were huddled under the walkway in front of the Baby Care Center. Being Florida vets, Tee lived there for years and we have numerous relatives within an hour of the World, we figured it would pass. Maybe an hour tops. So, we donned our ponchos and set out.

Eventually, we began to realize this wasn't just any old garden variety Florida rain storm. This was more like Forrest Gump's rain in Vietnam. You remember, "and sometimes, it even rained straight up." Our candy turned in to a soggy mess. We didn't dare get out our cameras and we spent way too much time on It's a Small World. When we got back to our rooms, we all looked like we had be pushed into a pool.

Disney rarely issues a rain check. So, when they do, you know the weather was truly awful. But, on that night, they passed out postcards saying that our MNSSHP tickets would be good for a single day entrance into the Magic Kingdom. But, the offer would expire in one year. So, I tore up the house trying to find the MNSSHP tickets before we booked our September 2008 trip. I never found them, and eventually gave up. We booked our trip to start on September 15, 2008! One year, and one day after our soggy disappointing night.

Today, I was getting out one of the suitcases and I found a wad of ponchos in the side. Mixed in to the mess, was a MNSSHP ticket! I couldn't believe it! Tee had found hers about a week ago, and I had asked DH about 15 times if he knew where they were, and then ta-da! So I was telling DH that I had found one of the tickets and I was going to email and see if they'd let us use them for the September 16th party. Now, I know I accuse him of not listening a lot, but seriously this is why: He immediately said, "Oh, hang on." He then went into the guest room and returned with his MNSSHP ticket! I was too happy to be angry!

I emailed the address on the postcard and I am eagerly awaiting their reply. Yes, it is two days past the deadline, but hey, it is Disney. I really hope they live up to their customer service standards on this one! Then I would only have to buy Hoot a ticket for the event. (He was still under 3 last time.) So, if they say yes, it will save me $147 out of my vacation budget! I have my Tinkerbells crossed!

Overheard at the bookstore:
Team Edward or Team Jacob?

But seriously folks, I'm up to my fangs in teenage werewolves and vampires...

Current reading:
I picked it up sometime back when I used microfiche to look up books for customers, but I've just started Stephen King's The Gunslinger. I am hesitant and excited at the same time. It's been years since I read anything by him, and the last time it was a novel, it had to have been a 19-something.

No comments: