Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Canis rental carrius

Some days, my life seems full of surreal quests and actions. Today, was definitely one of them. Because of Stephanie Meyer and Mickey Mouse, I have two tasks that I really want to finish soon. They are ongoing quests, but both of them have deadlines looming nearby.



The first part of the morning involved our upcoming trip to Walt Disney World. We will be there for the week of Hoot's fourth birthday. Our first night in Orlando is off park at cheap hotel I Pricelined for $30. This is due to the Hotwire deal on airfare that allowed all three of us to fly non-stop, round trip from DFW to Orlando for $432 (including taxes and fees.) We don't check in to Pop Century until the next day. On Tuesday of that week, we will be driving over to Plant City to visit my grandmother, take her to lunch, and have Hoot's birthday cake and presents. So, we need a rental car for at least the first three days of our trip.



Tee is meeting us in Orlando, and originally, she was going to drive. Now, she is flying in and her flights match our times very well. The poor thing is back in a walking boot due to her foot problems and her car now sports a handicapped sticker. She is all about having the rental car option for the entire week. I really don't mind. Disney transportation is good, but with the exception of the Magic Kingdom, handicapped parking is super close and makes transportation very quick.



Here's the issue. I can't find a deal cheap enough to suit me. Yep. Imagine that. I can find a full size car (gotta be full size or we won't fit when we pick up Granny) on Hotwire for $19.95 a day, but I want it to be cheaper. I've been bidding every night for over three weeks, and I still haven't gotten a hit. I've even gone as high as $17. Last year, we won with a $15 a day bid for full size. I've spent hours trying out different coupons, AAA rates, and codes for all of the major car rental agencies. It's making me nuts, because even though I have roughly two months to go, I'd love to have this all sewn up. So, I spent another hour or so this morning, repeating the drill, but hitting nothing.



This afternoon, I change tactics and quests. Hoot and I set out to look for a wolf. Who knew it would be this hard? I need a simple plastic wolf figurine. I've found several that I like online, but thought I could just pick one up today and be done with it. Well, canis plasticus is proving to be as difficult as rental carrius. But, that Breaking Dawn ticker over on the right side of your screen tells me that I am running out of time.



Why do I need a wolf? Well, if you haven't read the books, in Breaking Dawn, Bella is about to marry vampire Edward, but the werewolf Jacob seems to still be an unresolved issue. For my release party, we are having a wedding cake with two chess pieces, a white queen and a black king, as the bride and groom toppers. I really, really want a wolf to add to the bottom layer.



Seriously though, I have been to Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Wal-mart, Target, and Toys R Us looking for a single decent plastic wolf figurine. Honestly, I think it tried Hoot's patience far more than mine. The only ones I have found were in tubes and looked horrible. When Tee does her vendor service at Zoo Atlanta next week, she's going to look for me. I'm pretty sure she can find what I'm looking for and she'll drop it in the mail quickly.



As for the rental car, I guess patience is required. *sigh*

No comments: