Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The December without a plan

Since it just passed midnight here, I am wondering how it got to be December 3rd, and I still don't have a plan for Christmas. I have no budget worked out for December, no set date for my shopping trip with my mom, no hidden presents, and no idea what I'm getting anyone at all for the holidays, not even Hoot.

Crap.

Seriously, I'm in big trouble here. I do have a plan to get a plan. That's going to happen over the next 48 hours, while I'm off, but here's the big kicker. I have exactly five days off from work between now and Santa time. Yep. And the first one started ticking away about 45 minutes ago.

So, the first step is going to be to do the budget for the month, and meal plans for the month. I'll get with my mom to schedule our trip, and that will give me the leg I'm gonna need to stand on for the rest of the month. I didn't have a set budget or meal plan for November, and well, you see what that got me! Well, you didn't see, because you couldn't read the blog that wasn't there. Without the budget and the plan, I get pure chaos, and it has been running amok here for far too long.

The next step will be to utilize the budget to figure out what gifts I need to get and where I need to get them from. I'm lost with Hoot because all he wants is Mickey Motor Racing Speedway. Yep. Asks for it at least five times a day. Oh, and a hippopotamus. (Don't really know where he got this, I only introduced the song after he started asking....) The live hippo probably gets better reviews than the Mickey Motors, if I found a place that reviewed hippos. Poor Mickey, his race track is just overpriced junk.

I was considering a Leapster, or Leappad, or Leaping anything. But, again I am lost. I just don't really know the differences between the systems, but a learning game of some sort would make me most happy. I guess, again, it will all come down to budget. So for now, it's back to square one!

Overheard in the bookstore:
Have you ever heard of some book about a teenage girl who falls in love with a vampire?

No comments: