Thursday, October 2, 2008

Day Three: Scream as loud as you want...

It was time for the dreaded trip to First Aid. I was pretty sure I knew the area First Aid is located at Hollywood Studios, but wanted to double check. As we headed through the Streets of America, I stopped a pair of Cast Members and inquired. They were all over us! What do we need? Are we okay? Can they help? Do they need to take us there or call someone? We convinced them we were okay and they let us go with just confirmation of our directions.

At First Aid, we were greeted warmly and asked to sign in. I explained that Hoot had a splinter in his heel and that we were looking for tweezers, a needle, and possibly a magnifying glass. Oh, and a place he could scream. We were shown into an exam room. The nurse laid out a pair of tweezers, a needle type instrument with a wide base to make holding it easier, and sprayed several pieces of gauze with sterilizing stuff.

Now, have any of you ever read the email about how to rope a deer? It's made several rounds on the Internet, and if I can dig it up, I post it after this report. Totally hilarious and totally a bad idea.

So, I turn around and Nathan has Hoot up on the exam table with the shoe and sock off the hurt foot. Tee has jockeyed around to the foot of the table and is near the lighted magnifier. I am stuck staring at the instruments, and all I can think is "I'm about to rope a deer!" I decided that quick is the tactic I am looking for and swab the boys foot with the gauze. I try to position the light and the boy decides he's just not gonna have it! The light won't quite stay in place, but I can see through the magnifier, and I start to work with the sharp instrument.

Holler is the word that comes to mind. A Hoot is a hollerin'! There was thrashing, there was yelling, there was scuffling, and there was a tiny bit of blood. Nathan pinned Hoot's body, Tee threw herself on Hoot's other leg while trying to hold the hurt foot still, and somehow, I managed to poke out the splinter with the sharp thingy. Great. Now, I really wanted a bit of a breather, but you know, time was of the essence, so I grabbed the tweezers and managed to get it all out. Oh, the tears. Oh, the hollering. Oh, that was me! Well, almost. It seemed like it took a year, but it was really all a blur and I think we were in and out of First Aid in under 10 minutes.

Since we are right next to Guest Relations, I pop inside to pick up the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets that we got from last year's rain check. It was super easy and I was helped by a lovely girl from Japan who was doing the college program. I wanted to chat, but wasn't sure if Hoot was still holding a grudge, so I quickly went back outside.

I found Hoot just kind of wondering around under the First Aid sign waiting on me, while Tee watched from a bench.




He may have hollered like a madman, and thrashed like a fish in the bottom of the boat, but he was already over it. Can I get an Amen?


We decided to head down to the Great Movie Ride and as we strolled down Hollywood Boulevard, we saw there was a bit of a "disturbance in the park." A "police officer" was trying to convince a woman who he had found sleeping in the park that she needed to leave. As we stopped to watch, she grew louder about becoming Hollywood's next big thing. She was going to be a star! When I got out the camera to snap her pictures, she told the cop that because I wanted her picture, it proved that she was really a star! So she did a few poses for me!



Isn't she fabulous! I totally loved her. She made me think of my mother, but don't tell my mother that! LOL!

After our journey through the Great Movie Ride (we had the cowgirl bank robber, not the mobster), we headed back to Pixar Place to see if we'd get lucky with another trip through Toy Story Mania.

Up next: A Potato Head, a tow truck, a race car, and Dad's Electric Lemonade... or Why Hoots and Liquor don't mix....


No comments: