Thursday, October 2, 2008

Day Three: A Potato Head, a tow truck, a race car, and Dad's Electric Lemonade... or Why Hoots and Liquor don't mix....

Back at Pixar Place, we saw that the wait time was listed as 50 minutes. Since it was less than an hour, and earlier we had gotten in a lot quicker that the 40 minute wait time listed then, we decided to go for it. As we approached the entrance, there was a large group standing off to one side. We walked in and joined the line. Soon, all kinds of people were behind us, and at least 10 people plowed right past us to join their parties. Yep. Rude, and it put us all in a mood. Seriously, if your party is going in and you want to ride with them, GO IN WITH THEM! The mood killer really bit it. I tried to lighten up, but we all let it feed off of each other.

But, once we were flinging pies, eggs, and such, we were all happier! I rode with Hoot, and it was a Super Blast! He giggled and fired and laughed and fired. He literally shook with delight. Our ride had to pause several times and after each scene, if we paused and were still in front of the midway games, we got to shoot with the full effects, but didn't score. We didn't care! We got to play longer. I would say we added almost another five minutes to the ride! What a treat!

Assured that we had one more ride on the Midway with our fast passes, we headed off to see a Frog about a Pig, or that's what we kept telling Hoot. But, on our way, Nathan decided to take Hoot to play on the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids playground. Tee and I sat outside on a bench and did the obligatory phone call to Meme. Eventually, the boys were spit back out of the giant blades of grass and climb nets and we went off to find this Frog and Pig. Unfortunately, we had an episode of Honey, I lost my sunglasses, so we stopped again at Youse Guys for a replacement pair. I swear that man always looses something at WDW... sunglasses this year, brand new hat last year.

Hoot was still a bit confused, but once he saw the Muppet fountain, he knew what was up. As we headed into the waiting area, I wanted to show Hoot where the Muppets keep the spare key, but the Cast Member hurried us along as they were starting to go in! Alas, instant gratification is an awesome thing. Here's Tee, Hoot, and some wet Muppets:



The next Must See Must Do on our list was the meet and photo opportunity with Mater and McQueen. We grabbed a Coke and ditched Tee at some shady benches and joined the small line that was already gathering. It was a miserably hot wait, with almost no shade, but you know what? That boy can wait a long time when it involves his favorite race car! When the two biggest stars from Radiator Springs came out, we had a grand time watching the crowd as we waited our turn. On the far side of the area, the meet and greet was separated out with a giant row of hedges. We had several good laughs as two little boys tried to claw their way through from the other side. They never made it all the way, but the little faces were fun to watch. I can only image the scratches they would have to endure later.


Sadly, the pictures weren't as good as last year. But, if you look at last year's picture just below, you can see just how much Hoot has grown compared with Lightning.




Now that we've gotten our Cars fix, we head off to one of my favorite places at WDW. The 50's Prime Time Cafe. I've been lusting after Dad's Electric Lemonade for quite some time, and I can't wait! We're about 15 minutes early when we checked in (as instructed) but we waited a little over 30 before we were able to be seated. We did get to spend some of that time on a couch in Dad's Lounge on a love seat. Nathan turned into a grumpy old man who just kept asking me how much longer it would be. Yeah, if I knew that, I'd focus on lotto numbers instead of dinner tables. I was ready to trade him in for a new model. Hoot started playing with a floor lamp, but I figured plenty of kids have jacked with this stuff, it was nailed down, and I didn't have the will or energy to tangle with it.

We were happily seated at a kitchen table (I have never sat at one before and they are like a counter dinette with a TV!) and our "sister" came over to take our order. Now, Nathan has never been here, so he didn't really know there was supposed to be some shtick with dinner. Our "sister" however, wasn't the best at the entertainment though. When she asked how we were doing, Tee & I told her our side of the table was good, but the other side was grumpy. She called Hoot Grumpy McGrumperson but he was blissfully coloring his menu. We ordered drinks and I asked for the magical concoction that would make it all better: Dad's Electric Lemonade. We were in, we had a kitchen table, my drink was coming, Hoot was occupied! Things were looking up!


Soon, our drinks were out and my blue glowing ice cube had caught Hoot's eye. When sis came back to take our order, I had been fishing out the cube for Hoot, and wiping off the alcohol. We ordered, she left, and dashed the crayon she had used to write our order back down on the table. Alas, when I set my drink back on its napkin, I didn't see the crayon and it spilt everywhere. Yes, everyone was grumpy, but Nathan had moved on to just plain nasty. I threw my napkin on the mess and went to the ladies room.


I won't go in to the next fifteen minutes or so.

I did return to the table.

I did have another drink waiting.

I did attempt to be social.

After dinner, we headed off to find Rocket. We never made it to Playhouse Disney (sorry Hoot!) but I knew we'd get some pictures with Rocket anyway. Oh, he was so happy!



As we finished with Rocket, I spotted a movie poster for Wall-e! So, we took another picture.


When we left Animation Courtyard, we went back to use our Toy Story fast passes. This time Hoot got to ride with Tee. DH & I rode together, but it was seriously frosty in that car. Sixteen years: You would think he would've let me win. Winning would've gone a long way towards my mood. It was good that we were headed back to the Pop!

Up Next: Day Four: Hoot's Birthday Party

No comments: