Thursday, April 10, 2008

Sometimes, it just doesn't pay to buy in bulk. Sure, I love my giant buy twice a year box of commercial paper towels. I love it when it comes out cheaper to buy 900 rolls of toilet paper. The savings is a large part of that love. Not having to continually go to the store is the other. I love that I haven't bought shampoo in years. (Though, yikes, I'm almost out!) Bulk items allow me to have more days when I don't spend a dime. I like those days. I've had three in a row this week.


So, when is it not cool to buy a giant container of something? Well, when your son gets something he shouldn't, if it's Jumbo Sam's Size, the mess is well, Jumbo Sam's Size.


We'd had such a nice morning. I was getting things done. Hoot was playing nice. Then, I left him on my bed with his tub of Mr. Potato Head parts and went to make lunch. I was gone just over five minutes. Two minutes to microwave leftover chicken. One minute on pasta. Two minutes for frozen corn. I made lemonade and set the table while waiting for the microwave. Then, I heard the giggles. As I opened the hall door, the first thing that hit me was the smell. If you are a J.R. Ward fan (she writes delightfully edgy, trashy vampire romance novels) you will get me when I thought "Do we have Lessers in the house?" Ah, the sweet smell of baby powder. Well, my baby sure got powdered!

No need to adjust your monitors, folks. That's just fall out. In truth, I wasn't so too terribly angry when it happened. I knew I had to grab the camera. I knew I had to have photographic evidence of the crime or no one would believe the magnitude.

No place was safe. Not my bed.Even poor Don Quixote (or Donkey Oty, as DS calls him) wasn't safe. He got his booty dusted.

He even attempted to make "snow angels" as I took pictures. Boy, you can bet these pictures will re-appear when he least expects it. Maybe prom night!
So, I just decided it could wait until after lunch. So, we had a nice lunch together and then dug out the vacuum. God Bless Hoover! But, I ended up having to use the wand attachment with the brush on the end. Yep, the entire back of the house with a two inch brush. And, I had to be at work in under two hours. Let's just say we did the best we could. Actually, I think it took hours just to settle. It seems to be kicking up again every time someone walks by a crime scene. Honestly, it could take days to get it all back to normal.
So, baby powder in giant bulk container: NO
Vacuum bags in giant bulk packages: YES
Overheard in the bookstore:
The conversation was about Billy Ray Cyrus:
Yeah, but wasn't he really good looking back then?
We were all good looking back then.

No comments: