Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Bit of Rebellion in the Ranks

It seems we have a little bit of rebellion in the ranks lately. Possibly even some from the Quartermaster herself. Little purchases seem to keep slipping in and it's making me nuts!

We still have baby powder drifting through the house. It just seems to keep coming from nowhere in particular and dusting our lives. I wipe off the dresser, it reappears in the morning. I wipe down the ceiling fan, it's back again with in a few days. I guess it's just going to have to work itself out. But, it doesn't make the housekeeping any easier.

Sometimes, I find myself teetering at the brink of full blown chaos. The baby powder just seemed to give me a good shove towards the abyss. Behind the master bedroom door, a white stripe has appeared along the wall and gathered fluffy white dust bunnies. I am afraid the white stripe is going to be our cheese in the suitcase if not our giant fork and spoon nailed to the wall. The references I am making is to an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond that I love entitled Baggage. Actually, its one of the few episodes I've seen all the way through. Debra and Ray are both ignoring a suitcase filled with cheese because they both believe the other one should unpack it after a trip. It goes on for a really long time and they find out Ray's parents have a giant fork and spoon nailed on their kitchen wall for similar reasons. Am I going to have a white stripe behind my door forever?

Then tonight, when I came home for dinner there was Fast Food! I couldn't believe it! We were supposed to have fish sticks and fries. Yeah, I know it's not exciting, but the kid is 3. He loves fish stick night! And, the excuse for getting Fast Food? He was cleaning up baby powder! Hey, I don't think we get to use that one anymore! And, when I looked before I went back to work, the white stripe was still there! Argh! To be honest, the price of a cheeseburger would've been worth someone else cleaning up the baby powder, if that would be the end of the baby powder!

Hopefully, the stripe is now gone, the urge for fast food is gone and we can get back to our No Buy ways. I hope so. It's very discouraging to have to continually post that I didn't make it for a $0 day. It kind of takes the winds out of my sails. We potentially have big plans for Hoot's 4th birthday, and that's gonna take a lot of wind.

Overheard in the bookstore:
Do you have the Encyclopedia Britannica on audio?

No comments: