Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sin Boldly

Last weekend, I was a woman with a goal. And a deadline.  The goal was two-fold: get Let Go under 140k words and launch my new website.  The deadline was July 1st.  If I met the deadline, I was going to take off for the Fourth of July weekend.  No writing, no editing, no blogging, no laundry, no drinking... wait, scratch that last one.  You get the idea.

Late Sunday evening, I was two minutes away from announcing and launching my website.  Then, in a fit of vanity, I launched it right into itself.  I forwarded my site to my site.  I imagine it was spinning in cyberspace inifinity.  Through much technical ignorance and even more stubborness, I kept making it worse.  Yes, it's true.  When I sin, I sin boldy.  It's the only way to go.

Then, I kept sinning.  I'm not going to get technical, but lets just say all of my content was deleted in the process.  By me.  On purpose.  Sin boldly.

Through the good grace and kindness of some whipsmart techies, I am back up and running.  Without content.  And, during a three hour slash fest, I took Let Go down to 139,817 words. 

And, I'm taking the weekend off.  My goals might not have been completely met, but hey, I sin boldly.

No comments: